The Golden Civic Foundation provides annual grants to non-profit organizations which benefit the Golden community. We look for programs which enhance Golden’s culture and heritage and are likely to be of economic benefit to and broadly used by the Golden Community.
GCF Grants have been awarded to Schools, Clubs, the Arts, Social Services, as well as money is given to local organizations events which enhance the culture and quality of life in Golden. Grant recipients have designated a program or project for which they need funds. Golden Civic Foundation’s Grant Recipients have influenced our town in so many positive ways.
Grant Application Guidelines
Applicants will be asked to include a general description of the program or project and the pertinent information as indicated below.
- Legal name and address of applicant organization
- Contact person with telephone number, email and mailing address
- Information regarding the mission and purpose of the organization
- Organization’s financial statement for most recent year
- Outline the purpose and amount of grant requested. Also provide resume for project staff, future funding plans, substan- tiation of funding need and anticipated results, and other funding sources and the amounts. It is important to note that this information will be scored and weighted with the selection criteria noted on the following table.
- Applicants for funding from the Foundation should also submit the most recent copy of your IRS letter of tax-exempt sta- tus; first-time applicants are encouraged to provide a copy of your most recent audit.
For all information regarding our Guidelines, The Updated Criteria, and How to Apply –
Organizations receiving grants must allow the Foundation to use the name of the recipient organization in Foundation publicity. Organizations receiving grants are encouraged to recognize the Golden Civic Foundation as appropriate on their website, social media and in printed materials. The Golden Civic Foundation requests a photograph and description of how your organization utilized grant funding within 6 months of receipt. We also love testimonials!
“The Outdoor Lab Foundation is grateful for the support of the Golden Civic Foundation. Because of organizations like this, we can help continue the almost 55 year tradition of outdoor science education in Jefferson County. Thank you for helping the over 6,000 students a year attend Outdoor Lab regardless of ability to pay or disability.”Shannon Hancock