LATEST UPDATESCOVID-19 Crisis
May 6, 2020
As of early May, the Golden Civic Foundation has released the following funds from the COVID-19 Community Response Fund:
- BGoldN: Partnership effort to feed current and future Golden residents who are food insecure during this season of life. This program supports the local Golden community through the COVID-19 crisis while stimulating the local economy with our local restaurant partners.
- The Salvation Army Golden Service Extension Unit (SEU): Grant funds provide immediate assistance with rent or mortgage payments for Golden residents (with 80401 and 80403 zip codes living within the City limits) who are experiencing housing instability resulting from the impact of COVID-19. We have launched a matching grant campaign with Golden United for this effort.
- Hands of the Carpenter: Operating as an “essential” organization during this time of crisis, this organization provides automotive services to a disadvantaged population – single women in need to keep on the road towards self-sufficiency. The funding supports their ability to provide services in light of the pandemic and the resulting financial crisis. Hands’ conducts vehicle repairs, placement of donated cars, on-going maintenance for up to two years, and interwoven car care education.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Drive: The Golden Civic Foundation partnered with the Golden Moon Distillery to purchase and distribute hand sanitizer to essential organizations and businesses. Additionally, we partnered with the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum to produce and distribute over 700 masks to:
- Golden’s Critical Needs Nonprofit Organizations including the Golden Backpack Program, The Foodbank of the Rockies, Calvary Church Food Shelf, Christian Action Guild, Neighborhood Rehab Project, and BGoldN Food Program.
- Assisted Living Facilities including Lewis Court, Canyon Gate, Accel Acute Care & Rehab, and Golden Pond.
- City of Golden (public-facing staff that is keeping our City running and safe) including Fire Department, Police Department, Parks & Recreation, and Public Works.
We continue to seek out opportunities in which the Golden Civic Foundation can fill a gap in needs related to this pandemic.
April 16, 2020:
The Golden Civic Foundation is now accepting Grant Applications > For details and eligibility, please review details of our COVID-19 Community Response Grant Program.
April 9, 2020:
The Golden Civic Foundation announced an Emergency Relief Loan Program to businesses and nonprofits in response to local economic losses related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). More information on this program can be found on our Loan Program page.
April 2, 2020:
The Golden Civic Foundation is now offering a Small Business Resource page. > GO TO PAGE
March 24, 2020
Several local organizations and businesses have partnered to launch a new program today. BGoldN will provide 3 meals/day to locals who are affected by the current crisis. Several local restaurants have committed to providing meals at cost, which allows them to keep paying their staff. To learn more about the program, make a donation, volunteer your time or if you need meals yourself, visit HelpGoldenNow.org. > GO TO PAGE
March 19, 2020:
The Golden Civic Foundation today announced the COVID-19 Community Response Fund (Fund) to provide relief to City of Golden community members that have been the most critically impacted by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. > READ MORE
“As we look to mitigate the economic and very personal effects caused by this pandemic crisis, our intent with this Fund is to be nimble in order to quickly meet the greatest needs of the community as they unfold. With our proven, 50-year history, the Golden Civic Foundation has the infrastructure, relationships, and experience to convene community resources to provide immediate relief to our community and also address the longer-term community recovery efforts.”