As of early May, the Golden Civic Foundation has awarded the following funds from the COVID-19 Community Response Fund:
- BGoldN: Partnership effort to feed current and future Golden residents who are struggling with food scarcity during these challenging times. This program, led by the non-profit, Golden Backback Program, supports the local Golden community through the COVID-19 crisis while stimulating the local economy via local restaurant partners who are being compensated for providing meals.
- The Salvation Army Golden Service Extension Unit (SEU): Grant funds will help the Salvation Army to provide immediate assistance with rent or mortgage payments for Golden residents (with 80401 and 80403 zip codes living within the City limits) who are experiencing housing instability resulting from the impact of COVID-19. The Golden Civic Foundation has launched a matching grant campaign with Golden United for this effort.
- Hands of the Carpenter: Operating as an “essential” organization during this time of crisis, this non-profit organization provides automotive services to single women in need to help keep them on the road towards self-sufficiency. Grant funding supports Hands’ ability to provide services in light of the pandemic and the resulting financial crisis. Hands’ conducts vehicle repairs, placement of donated cars, on-going maintenance for up to two years, and interwoven car care education.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) Drive: The Golden Civic Foundation partnered with the Golden Moon Distillery to purchase hand sanitizer at cost to and distribute it to essential organizations and businesses. Additionally, we partnered with the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum volunteers in an effort that produced more than 650 masks that we distributed to:
- Golden’s Critical Needs Non-profit Organizations including the Golden Backpack Program, The Food Bank of the Rockies, Calvary Church Food Shelf, Christian Action Guild, Neighborhood Rehab Project, and BGoldN Food Program.
- Assisted Living Facilities including Lewis Court, Canyon Gate, Accel Acute Care & Rehab, and Golden Pond
- City of Golden (public-facing staff that is keeping our City running and safe) including Fire Department, Police Department, Parks & Recreation, and Public Works.
We continue to seek out opportunities in which the Golden Civic Foundation can fill a gap in needs related to this pandemic.