GO-GETTERS MAKE IT HAPPEN
What is a Go-Getter?
Well, Urban Dictionary defines it as: “someone wants the best in life and they work hard to get to make it happen for themselves nobody stops them.”
Well, a Golden Civic Foundation Go-Getter possesses some of those traits, but actually we’d define it more like, “someone who wants to work hard soliciting donated items from area businesses to be auctioned off at the Golden Civic Foundation’s Gala & Auction, knowing all the while, this is keeping Golden a great place to live and work.”
This page will serve as a resource for those of you already working to solicit items for our auction, and for anybody who would like to get involved in this endeavor. As you may know, all of the proceeds from this annual event are distributed to local non-profits, schools, and city departments who submit proposals to the Foundation. We typically receive proposals for more than twice the level of funds that we are able to raise. These organizations have benefited greatly from our efforts in the past, and we will be working hard to meet this year’s needs as best we can.
- When getting items from a donor, it is important you fill out the Auction Acquisition Form and turn it into Brian
- These letters were sent out to most businesses in the area, but feel free to take a few Sponsorship Letters with you
- Want the whole Go Getter scoop – Download the entire Go-Getter Packet for all you need to know.
Click the Image Below to visually see THESE DIRECTIONS
Go Getter Questions? Direct them to:
Email Bonnie Midkiff – or call @ 303-829-3656
Email Brian Reed – or call @ 720.233.7333
Email Heather Schneider – or Call @ 303.974.0994
About the GCF Auction – Know Before You Go
Founded in 1970, the mission of the Golden Civic Foundation is to build a better Golden by supporting Golden’s schools, culturals, social services, clubs and civic organizations. From the downtown streetscape and public art that graces city streets and walking paths, the sponsorship of community events and the support of downtown revitalization efforts, the Foundation has invested more than $5 million in Golden and is committed to helping Golden remain a wonderful place to live, work and play!
- The Golden Civic Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1970 for the purpose of raising funds and improving the Golden community.
- The annual dinner and auction is the major fundraising mechanism of the Foundation’s grant program. The net proceeds of the auction are returned to the community through the Foundation’s grant program. In 2015, the Foundation gave over $80,000 to 38 different non-profit organizations in Golden.
- The 41st Annual Auction and Gala will be held at the Marriott Denver West on November 12, 2016 starting at 5pm.
- The auction is a wonderful event: great food, good fun and a social night out. Many consider the evening to be THE EVENT OF THE YEAR! A formal invitation is not required for those wishing to attend and anyone can register to attend on our website.
- All donors will be recognized. At a minimum, we will have recognition on the Foundation’s website, social media, and in the auction program. If any donor wishes to remain anonymous, please note that on the acquisition form.
- Each donor should receive a copy of the acquisition form and this may be used as the receipt for tax purposes. The Foundation also provides a thank you note for all donations and a receipt that meets the IRS regulations for donations with a value of $250.00 or more, as estimated by the donor.
- Please refer people to our website if they have further interest in the Foundation at www.GoldenCivicFoundation.org and/or give them one of Heather Schneider’s or Brian Reed’s business cards.
Silent Auction Item Value Goal – $25,000
- Donations Received 8% 8%